With the easing of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to a Modified ECQ for the National Capital Region and to a General Community Quarantine for Cavite-Region 4A on May 12, 2020, Maynilad will be resuming the conduct of actual meter reading and onsite billing activities beginning June 1. This means that corrections for over/under registration of consumption from when water bills were averaged—i.e., from March to May 2020—will be reflected in our customers’ June 2020* Statement of Account (SOA).
Here are some of the things that you need to know about your June 2020 billing or Statement of Account (SOA):
- Will I be receiving my March, April and May water bills separately?
* No, customers will not receive separate bills for these months. Rather, they will receive only ONE BILL in June 2020, which will already show the following:
Total Actual Consumption (Mar to June) – This shows the total volume of water in cubic meters that you actually consumed from March to June 2020. This was computed by subtracting your February 2020 meter reading to your actual current meter reading.
Monthly Consumption in Cubic Meter – This shows the breakdown of your Total Actual Consumption per month, for the months of March, April, May and June 2020. These readings have already been adjusted from average to actual.
Bill Amount – This shows the actual bill per month—for the months of March, April, May and June 2020—based on your Monthly Consumption in Cubic Meter that has already been adjusted from average to actual. Note that the billing per month indicated in the printed June 2020 SOA may be different from the averaged billings that you received during the ECQ via the “My Water Bill” and/or “Bill on Demand SMS Bill Facility”. The billings indicated in the printed SOA will take precedence, as adjustments from averaged computations were already made in the printed SOA. The billings that were issued during ECQ via the “My Water Bill” and “Bill on Demand SMS Bill Facility” were based on your average consumption in the three months prior to ECQ. This system was approved by the MWSS Regulatory Office (per MWSS RO-OPP-052-03), because Maynilad could not do actual meter reading from March to May 2020 due to ECQ restrictions.
Previous Unpaid Amount (PUA) – This is the sum of the billings for the months of March, April, and May 2020 that may have remained unpaid while the ECQ was in place. These billings may have accumulated because Maynilad suspended the disconnection of Overdue Accounts during ECQ. Any unpaid bills prior to the implementation of ECQ will also be added here, including Promissory Notes that have already lapsed.
Payment History – This is the list of all payments made during ECQ, from March to May 2020.
Current Charges – This is your billing for the month of June 2020.
Total Amount Due – This is the sum of the PUA and the Current Charges. Any payments made during ECQ will be deducted from this sum.
Payment Due Date – This shows the extended deadline of payment. This means that customers must be able to fully pay the Total Amount Due indicated in their June 2020 SOA by this date.
- Why is my June 2020 Statement of Account higher / lower than my usual Statement of Accounts
* Your June 2020 SOA covers billings for four months (i.e., March to June 2020).
* For customers who stayed at home during ECQ, your actual billings for the months of March, April, May and June may be higher than usual. Here are the factors:
Consumption increased because you were at home most of the time.
Consumption increased because of the scorching hot weather.
You may have had unpaid water bills even before the ECQ was implemented, so this was added to your June 2020 bill.
Historically, consumption during this period (March to June) is higher versus the months of December to February that were used as basis to average your water bills during ECQ.
* For customers who left their homes to go to the provinces or stopped operating their businesses during the ECQ, your actual billings for the months of March, April, May and June will be lower than your previous averaged monthly billings since your consumption would be lower than your regular consumption.
* For a more apples-to-apples comparison of your actual consumption for the months of March to May 2020, please compare it with your consumption in the same months of the previous year.
- Where did you base my March, April and May consumption if you did not conduct meter reading during these periods?
* If you checked your water bill during ECQ via the “My Water Bill” or “Bill on Demand SMS Bill Facility”, the amounts specified in your March to May billings were based on your average consumption in the three months prior to ECQ (i.e., your consumption for December 2019, January 2020, and February 2020) since meter reading was temporarily suspended from March to May. This system was approved by the MWSS Regulatory Office (per MWSS RO-OPP-052-03).
* These averaged billings have been adjusted in your June 2020 SOA to reflect your actual consumption during the ECQ
- When will my actual consumption be reflected in my water bill?
* The June 2020 SOA already reflects your actual consumption from March to June 2020.
- Were you able to deduct the payments I made during the ECQ in my June 2020 SOA?
* Yes, the payments you made during ECQ were already deducted from the Total Amount Due in this SOA.
- Where can I see my historical consumption?
* Your actual historical consumption for the months of March to May 2020 will be specified in your June 2020 SOA.
- Until when can I pay the Total Amount Due?
* To assist our Lifeline Customers, we will be providing them a longer grace period, or until August 31, 2020, to settle their bills that have accumulated during the ECQ. They can pay this in small, manageable installments. Lifeline Customers are those whose monthly consumption is at 10 cubic meters per month or less. Most of our Lifeline Customers belong to low-income households.
* For our non-lifeline customers, they have until July 31, 2020 to fully settle their accumulated billings.
* Customers who will be unable to fully settle within the extended grace periods will start receiving a “Notice of Disconnection” the following month.
* In case some customers still have concerns about these terms of payment, they may call us at the Maynilad Hotline 1626 (Metro Manila) or 1800-1000-92837 (Cavite Toll-Free Hotline) or send an SMS to our Customer Text Hotline 0998 864 1446. Our Zone Specialists will reach out to them and discuss other possible payment terms.
- Can I do partial payment? Where?
* Yes, you can do partial payments at any of our accredited payment channels (https://www.mayniladwater.com.ph/customers-pay_centers.php). But please make sure to fully pay the Total Amount Due in your June 2020 SOA within the grace period provided, while staying current on your succeeding bills, to avoid inconvenience.
*for better image view, please visit this link: https://mayniladwater.com.ph/downloads/imgs/sample-transitional-SOA.png
*NOTE: In areas where ECQ is still enforced, the Maynilad June 2020 SOA will continue to be based on customers’ average consumption in the three months prior to ECQ. Corrections will be made in succeeding bills once actual meter reading can resume in these areas.