|Reporting to:||Head, Operations Control and Monitoring|
|Section:||Operations Control and Monitoring (OCM)|
|Department:||Catchment Management (CM)|
|Division:||Wastewater Management (WMD)|
- Remote monitoring, operation and optimization of assets to achieve required output quality and quantity.
- Identify potential opportunities to maximize operation in real time and initiate/take corrective action, working with field operations.
- Perform real-time alarm management of alarms, including monitoring, analysis and early resolution and communicate SCADA alarms using verbal and electronic media.
- Initiate event action by taking whatever remote action is available to resolve event.
- Document all necessary activities that has direct consequences to the operation of WMD wastewater treatment plants, septage treatment plants, and wastewater conveyance systems.
- Provide process improvements to existing procedures and systems through innovation or guided studies.
- Evaluate, prioritize and allocate reactive work taking into account: criticality of plant/process, site sensitivity, legal requirements etc.
- Communicate critical events to field operations personnel to maintain wastewater treatment at highest rates possible.
- Identify service needs and raise reactive work requests in response to alarms as appropriate.
- Assist field operations during incidents or emergencies.
- Work closely with other areas of the function and business to achieve performance outputs, analyze performance data and Identify areas for potential process and/or asset improvements.
- Review design plans for incoming and on-going WMD projects, as assigned by the immediate superior.
- Puts the company’s operating procedures and policies into practice.
- Does other related tasks as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or a related field.
- Must have a PRC license, if applicable.
- At least 60 hours training relevant to the job is desirable.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Control Center operating policies and procedures.
- General Wastewater Conveyance and Treatment practices and procedures.
- Areas of Responsibility of Wastewater Management departments for resolving problems.
- Normal control and operating parameters for the wastewater systems.
- Call-out and emergency notification procedures.
- Input and retrieval procedures for a variety of computerized data files including history, service and maintenance records, and related records and information.
- SCADA system operation fundamentals.
- Programmable logic controls, telemetry units and fiber optics.
- Metering and measuring devices related to wastewater.
- Mathematic principles and practices.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications.
- Interpret, explain, and enforce departmental policies and procedures.
- Dispatch the appropriate crew(s) and department personnel in response to complaints, requests for service, calls for assistance, and emergencies
- Answer a wide variety of questions about the procedures and practices of most WMD departments
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software applications.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet targets and tight deadlines
- Customer service oriented
- Can work and stay calm under pressure
- Efficient in work implementation, rules oriented, with initiative and physically fit
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Variety of wastewater treatment plant operation, maintenance and laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Office equipment, computers including software used for operational control and monitoring:
- MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Project)
- Simulation Tools (Wastewater Treatment Process)
- SCADA (Factory Talk)
- PI (Datalink, Vision and System Explorer)
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
- Work at 24/7 operations with rotating 8-hr shift schedule
- On Call during weekend and/or off-duty hours.
- Required to travel to field locations.
- Combination of wastewater treatment plant, laboratory and office environments with occasional exposure to adverse weather and environmental conditions
- Work environment requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE may include:
- exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat/cold environment
- exposure to fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals, airborne particles and infectious diseases
- works in high, precarious places
- works in close quarters or confined spaces
- works around moving mechanical parts
- exposure to moderate to high noise and vibration levels, and/or
- exposure to electrical hazards.
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected]
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download