|WSO Officer (LMTP1)
|La Mesa Treatment Plant 1
|Water Supply Operations
- Leads and applies chemicals like aluminum sulfate, liquid chlorine, polymer, caustic soda, calcium hypochlorite, potassium permanganate, lime, etc.
- Performs the duties of a WSO Officer and / or assists the WSO Officer as needed.
- Monitors hourly treatment chemical consumption to ensure chemical feed rates correspond to the recommended dosage and flow of raw water less the leaks and losses for accurate treatment and efficient results of water quality.
- Inspects, receives and records treatment chemical deliveries together with the Warehouse Representative during the shift and update stock balance.
- Maintains and repairs minor defect of equipment/instruments and reports major defects for immediate repair.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of workstation, dosing equipment and appurtenances including tools used such as pliers, wrenches, vise grip, chlorine special tool, breathing apparatus, etc. for workers and visitor safely.
- Accepts and records chemical deliveries.
- Reports and follow-up on some improvements like overseeing the accuracy of accepting chemical deliveries, improving chemical handling and application techniques and equipment and facilities performance monitoring.
- Monitors/measures the volume of raw water and treated water by means of ultrasonic flowmeters and reports any major damage of equipment/facilities to WSO Officer on duty for immediate action to minimize downtime.
- Implements Energy Management System & Integrated Management System’s programs, activities, procedures and policies
- Does other related tasks as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of any engineering course preferably in civil or mechanical
- Must be a licensed Engineer
- Preferably with one to three years of related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Willing to work additional hours in order to meet targets and tight deadlines
- With high customer service orientation
- Results-driven and proactive
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Can work under pressure
- With pleasing personality
- Capable and willing to go on shifts
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
- MS Office
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
- Exposed to weather and field conditions during regular rounds of treatment plant facilities
- Always on call
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected].
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download