|Reporting to:||Head, Process and Design Engineering|
|Unit:||Technical Review and Research|
|Section:||Process and Design Engineering|
|Department:||Process and Technology Management|
- Facilitate and conduct technical design review and necessary simulation of wastewater-related CAPEX project.
- Initiate, recommend, and provide technology research, and evaluation that will deliver operational efficiency and innovation in the organization.
- Lead interdepartmental collaboration in reviewing, updating, and revising of wastewater standards and specifications.
- Work with the Process Engineering unit in leading and monitoring wastewater research and development initiatives.
- Assist the Process Engineering unit in troubleshooting process and operational issues when necessary.
- Provide technical services and support to NRB when needed.
- Lead linkages of academe with respect to wastewater research and development.
- Handle the research and development of WMD
- Serve as Maynilad’s subject matters expert in design, development and operation of wastewater facilities. (PDE).
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Puts the company’s operating procedures and policies into practice
- Does other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Participate in the HAZOP study
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Engineering or a related field.
- Must have an updated PRC license, if applicable.
- Must have a basic knowledge in wastewater treatment process and engineering operation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Basic Wastewater Treatment Facility operation and troubleshooting
- Basic Research and Development Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Process Improvement and Evaluation Methodologies
- Facilitation Skills
- General knowledge on wastewater management and operations
- Sampling procedures and field equipment
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Pertinent laws, codes and regulations.
- Proficient in design, modelling and simulation software
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet targets and tight deadlines
- Receptive to new knowledge and ideas
- Customer service oriented
- Diligent, dedicated to work, persistent and physically fit
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
- Microsoft office tools
- Simulation and Programming tools (Wastewater Treatment Process)
- Microsoft Office tools
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
- On Call during weekend and/or off-duty hours.
- Required to travel to field locations
- Required to perform moderate to heavy lifting and carrying; use of hands to conduct sampling, and analysis and to use a variety of equipment; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat/cold
- Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected]
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download