1. Provides analyses and opinions on legal, policy, and compliance matters – external regulatory and internal requirements.
2. Anticipates and guards against legal risks and liabilities facing the company.
3. Represents the Company or its officials in various legal proceedings before the regular courts, tribunals, boards, and agencies.
4. Prepares pleadings, motions, discovery, stipulations, and the like, for and in behalf of the Company or its officials.
5. Conducts and coordinates research in multiple areas of law.
6. Writes, reviews, and edits reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
7. Prepares and reviews vendor, client, and employment contracts.
8. Develops, recommends, and executive legal strategies in the acquisition of water service areas.
9. Other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
With at least three to five years’ experience in litigation or corporate law practice
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Expertise in providing legal advice on compliance matters
Ability to review and draft legal documents
Proactive practical approach
Good grasp of general legal principles
Ability to manage multiple areas of law
Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet targets and tight deadlines
Customer service oriented
Able to maintain confidential information
Solid problem solving and business acumen skills
Able to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
Able to exercise great initiative independent judgment
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
-Microsoft office tools
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS:
1. Works in a normal office environment
2. Regular field work when attending to client needs in field offices